7 Hazardous Toys Your Kids Should Never Play With!

Last Updated on October 8, 2020

© freeimages Childhood is all about playtime. Not only does playing physical or mental games and playing with toys entertain children but it also stimulates their brains, helps their bodies develop properly, relieves stress, and improves their social skills, etc. Those are some of the main benefits of playing for all kids. However, there are certain toys that children are better off not having. Fortunately, parents are becoming more and more aware that the types of toys or games (i.e: online games) that children are exposed to can influence their behavior and impact their development, be it positively or negatively, or even hurt them. If you’re a parent to a toddler or young child, you should be selective of the kind of toys you buy them. For example, instead of buying your toddler or preschooler lawn darts or toy medical kit, opt for a wooden horse or puzzle games. Why? Because lawn darts are potentially dangerous and may even encourage children to use sharp weapons whereas puzzle toys are harmless and do a great job stimulating kids’ brains. As a responsible parent, read on to find out about 7 dangerous toys that you shouldn’t allow near your children!

7. Magnetic construction toys

These toys constitute a number of plastic and magnet pieces that allow children to construct colorful buildings. If you’re not aware of this yet, these toys have been deemed potentially dangerous, especially for toddlers and kids below the age of 6, as hundreds of them have suffered injuries and even died upon swallowing the toy magnet pieces. Several pieces of these magnet toys have been recalled from the market and safer versions of these have been designed, which lead to a decrease in magnet ingestion incidents. Still, you might want to keep such toys out of your kids’ reach. Better safe than sorry!

6. Toys with button batteries

You do realize that you should keep coins, buttons, sewing needles, earrings, or any other small objects that could easily be ingested by young kids, right? Well, the same goes for toys that come with button batteries. Button battery ingestion is fatal and they have unfortunately hurt many small children. If a kid swallows these small objects, there is a high chance that they will get stuck in their esophagus, lead to injury, choking, and instant death. Since the small lithium batteries resemble the shape of candies, toddlers may mistake them for that. So, never leave any small objects within your small kids’ reach and never buy them any toys with tiny batteries.
Next Page 


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here